Allison Curry Design
Even as a child I always knew deep down that I was destined to do something artistic. While other kids were always looking for the next hottest toy, to me, nothing was better than opening a brand-new box of never-used crayons. There is that wonderful moment where the possibilities for creating are seemingly endless and I was always so excited to dive in and get started. That’s still true today each and every time I start a new design project.
Over time, my love for creating art only grew. In college, I recognized the possibility of turning that passion into a career and majored in Visual Communications with a concentration in Graphic Design. In 2004 I graduated from the University of Delaware and held several graphic design positions before launching my own firm.
Today, my greatest passion is for editorial design as I enjoy the opportunity to use design to tell stories. I feel fortunate that I’m able to do something that I love day in and day out. In fact, my favorite motto has always been Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life. I feel like I am living that motto with the opportunity to do design for a living.
I currently work out of my office in Phoenixville, Pa., where I work alongside my office mate/assistant, an 11-year old Yorkiepoo named Molly. When I’m not designing, I spend as much of my free time on the beach in Avalon with my family, which includes my husband and our two children.
Owner / Creative Director
Allison Curry Design, LLC, Phoenixville, PA
Cabrini University, Wayne, PA
• Direct, develop and maintain the Cabrini brand identity and graphic look in all areas of the college for design and printing of publications and other media; review logo use and fulfill internaland external requests for logos and photos.
• Create and update college style guide and editorial standards. Manage proofing process for print and design specifications and consistency.
• Design and produce Cabrini Magazine, annual reports, catalogs, ads, brochures, postcards, signage and other projects as needed.
• Art direct photo shoots for Cabrini Magazine and marketing materials; enhance and maintain photo library to accurately represent student culture.
• Communicate with in-house clients to establish and maintain goals, budgets and time frames.
• Supply graphic materials and images to webmaster.
• Work with outside vendors to secure printing
MetroCorp Publishing, Philadelphia, PA
• Designed layouts for ten ancillary publications including Philadelphia Magazine and Boston Magazine Home and Garden and Elegant Wedding, Wine and Spirits Quarterly, New England Travel and Life, Boston Concierge and three visitor guides for the Philadelphia Convention and Visitors Bureau.
• Layouts included designing full sections of magazines as well as feature articles.
• Worked on all phases of publications from concept development through production and print.
• Proficient in MetroCorp’s formats and styles for publications.
• Worked with photographers, stylists and researched images for articles.
• Assisted MetroCorp Publishing in their transition from QuarkXPress to InDesign.
Graphic Designer (Temporary Position)
Arc Reprographics, Atlantic City, NJ
• Worked closely with clients to turn their ideas into finished products.
• Projects included designing brochures, business cards, banners, signs, window displays and other graphics.
• Responsible for small and large format scanning and printing.
Bachelor of Fine Arts
University of Delaware,
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Visual Communications; Concentration in Graphic Design; Minor in American Material Culture Studies
- Graphic Design